The American Bully is a new breed that originated in the 1990s. The breed is a cross between the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, and it is characterized by its muscular build and short, thick coat.
Today, the American Bully is one of the most popular breeds in the United States, and there are numerous reputable breeders across the country. However, not all American Bully breeders are created equal. Some bloodlines are better than others, and some breeders are more reputable than others.
Looking for the Best American Bully Breeders? Look no further!
We have some of the top kennels in the country listed here. All of these breeders are known for producing excellent bullies with great temperaments and health. You won’t find a better selection of dogs anywhere else.
Owning an American bully is a privilege, and these dogs are sure to impress everyone who sees them. If you’re looking for the best bloodlines and to have pups with the highest quality, you’ve come to the right place.
American Bully Breed
In the early 1990s, the development of this dog breed started. The American Bully was created by crossing the American Pit Bull Terrier with the American Staffordshire Terrier. The goal was to create a dog with the best qualities of both breeds: the pit bull’s strength and athleticism, and the Staffordshire terrier’s loyalty and stability. The result is a muscular, powerful dog that has more agility with a short, thick coat.
American Bully was recognized by the United Kennel Club in 2013. The breed is also recognized by the National Kennel Club, America’s Dog Registry Inc., and the World Kennel Club.
The American Bully is an incredibly versatile breed that can be used for a variety of purposes, such as companionship, protection, and even law enforcement.
5 Types of American Bully
American bully breed is classified based on physical parameters such as height and weight.
- XXL American bullies are the tallest and heaviest type, with some dogs exceeding 18 inches in height and weighing more than 100 pounds.
- XL American bullies are slightly smaller but still very muscular, typically weighing between 70 and 100 pounds.
- Standard American bullies are the most common type, averaging between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Classic American bullies are smaller than standard bullies, weighing in around 35 to 50 pounds on average.
- Pocket American bullies are the smallest type and are also known as micro-sized bullies, typically measuring less than 17 inches tall and weighing less than 35 pounds.
American bullies have extreme features such as thick bones and blocky heads. Their coat is short, smooth, and glossy. Some have tri color variations with white markings.
Top 5 American Bully Bloodlines
Bloodlines are important in the American Bully world because they dictate a dog’s appearance and temperament. Some bloodlines are better than others, and some are more popular than others.
There are a lot of American bully bloodlines such as Daxline and Crown Royal to name a few. Here are the top five bloodlines of this breed according to popularity, quality, and demand.
- Razor’s Edge Bloodline by Dave Wilson. It is one of the most well-known Bully breeds around. Instead of focusing on the terrier line, this bloodline focuses on the bully line. As a result, the canines grew to be extremely robust, thick, and muscular.
- Gottiline Pitbull Bloodline by Richard Barajas. It is named after the notorious Juan Gotti. These dogs are known for their courage, strength, and tenacity. This differs from other bloodlines by their larger size and more “bully” look.
- Remyline Bloodline by Fabian Chichester. This bloodline is known for its high quality with its first stud being named Remy. This line is descended from the same male breed, ensuring that all dogs of this breed have the same appearance.
- Colby Pitbull Bloodline by John Colby. This bloodline is over 100 years old and is known for strong, sporty dogs that are fierce competitors. These canines, unfortunately, have terrible temperaments, making them unsuitable for homes.
- Bully Camp Line by Todd Martin. It is one of the newest bloodlines and is already becoming very popular. These dogs are known for their loyalty, strength, and courage. Their distinct characteristic is their broad chests and short, stocky build.
The debate over which American Bully Bloodline is the best has been going on for years with no clear winner. It depends on what you are looking for in a dog. Some people prefer the more muscular dogs while others prefer the smaller, compact size.
If you are looking for a dog with a great temperament and health, then any of the five bloodlines would be a good choice. In the end, it comes down to personal preference.
American Bully Breeders
Breeding dogs nowadays has become a business more than a hobby for most people. But there are still some breeders who do it for the love of the American Bully breed.
Many breeders have their unique methods and protocols when it comes to producing dogs. Some are veterinarian approved while others are not. Some have ethical methods while others cut corners to make a quick buck. Some provide veterinary advice and guidance to new dog owners while others do not.
But some things are common among all of them:
- The first and most important thing for any breeder is the health of their dogs. A good breeder will make sure that their dogs are healthy and free from any genetic disorders.
- They will also temperament test their dogs to make sure that they are suitable for homes with children and other pets.
- A good breeder will also be able to provide you with all the information you need about the American Bully breed. They should be able to answer any questions you have about the history of the breed, their temperament, and health concerns.
Having fierce competitors in the same market can be quite beneficial to potential customers. It forces breeders to up their game to produce dogs of higher quality.
Top 5 American Bully Breeders in the United States
There are a lot of American Bully kennels in the United States but here are the top five based on their reputation and quality of dogs with their locations and their best bullies:
- Big Gemini Kennels is located in Florida and specializes in producing XL bullies with great dispositions.
- Devil’s Den Kennels is located in Texas and produces some of the most muscular bullies in the country.
- Triple Crown Kennels is located in Virginia and focuses on producing bullies that are both beautiful and functional.
- Razor’s Edge Kennels is located in Maryland and is one of the most well-known breeders of American Bullies.
- Gottiline Kennels is located in California and is known for producing some of the most popular bloodlines of American Bullies like Razors Edge bloodline and Gottiline.
These are the top five American Bully kennels based on their reputation and quality of dogs. Testimonials speak to the health and temperament of their dogs and they guarantee the health of their puppies for 30 days after purchase.
All of these breeders have a great selection of dogs to choose from and are known for producing high-quality puppies.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Breeder
There are various advantages to hiring a skilled American Bully breeder. Some of the most noteworthy advantages are as follows:
- A good breeder will have a wealth of knowledge about the American Bully breed. This includes information on health, gentle temperament, and training.
- A professional breeder will be able to help you select a dog that is right for you and your family.
- A reputable breeder will only sell puppies that are healthy and have been well-socialized.
- A good breeder will provide you with a written contract that protects both you and the puppy.
- A professional breeder will be available to answer any questions you have after you take your new puppy home and will inform you about upcoming breeding events in advance so that you can plan accordingly.
Hiring a professional American Bully breeder is the best way to find a dog that is right for you. They have the knowledge and experience to help you choose a dog that will fit seamlessly into your lifestyle and they can guide how to care for your new pup.
Tips on What to Consider When Purchasing an American Bully Puppy
When you are looking for an American Bully, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Decide on what dog size you want. The American Bully usually comes in three different sizes: Standard, Medium, and Pocket.
- Choose what bloodline you’re interested in. There are several popular ones, such as Blue Legacy, Razor’s Edge, Gotti, and Daxline. Each has its unique characteristics.
- Research the different breeders. Not all American Bully breeders are created equal. Some are more reputable than others.
- Take the time to visit their kennels and meet the available pups. This will offer you a good indication of puppies’ temperament and health. You can also have veterinary advice to help you make your decision.
- Don’t forget to ask about pricing. American Bully puppies can be expensive, so be sure to get an accurate quote before making any decisions.
Consider all of these factors before purchasing an American Bully puppy, and you’re sure to end up with a dog that you’ll love for years to come.
Benefits of Having American Bully
They are a wonderful dog breed that offers numerous advantages. The following are a few of the most notable benefits:
- They are very intelligent, and they can be easily trained.
- They make great companion dogs. They are loyal and loving, and they will protect their family members from any threat.
- They are perfect for families with children. They are patient, gentle, love to play, and are known for their loveable demeanors.
- They are versatile dogs. They can be trained for protection, obedience, agility, or even as service dogs.
Maybe you have a lot of queries in mind about American Bully. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about them:
Q: Are there any challenges that come with owning an American Bully?
A: As with any dog, some challenges come with owning an American Bully. They require a lot of exercises and need plenty of space to run around. Additionally, they can be stubborn and may not respond well to traditional methods of training. However, these challenges can be easily overcome by experienced dog lovers.
Q: How much does an American Bully cost?
A: American Bully puppies can cost anywhere from $500 to $2500. The price depends on the breeder, the bloodline, and the size of the dog. It can be expensive, so be sure to get an accurate quote before making any decisions.
Q: What is the American Bully Kennel Club?
A: The American Bully Kennel Club (ABKC) is a registry of dog pedigrees in the United States. The club was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is dedicated to promoting, preserving, and protecting the American Bully breed.
Q: What are exotic bullies?
A: They are a type of American Bully that has been bred to have physical characteristics that are considered “exotic” or “unusual” for the breed. These characteristics include blue or green eyes, merle coloring, and black skin.
We hope you enjoyed this article on the Top American Bully Breeders & Bloodlines. If you’re interested in adding an American Bully to your family, it’s important to do your research and find a reputable breeder. There are many excellent breeders across the country, but there are also some bad apples. By doing your homework and asking the right questions, you can be sure that you’re getting a healthy, well-bred bully from a responsible breeder.